Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Coffee

I am home from class. English sure is fun................NOT. Essay's and thesis statements blah blah blah. The best part about night class is the coffee run I do before I go. I wouldn't make it without my Starbucks. How is it that a cup of coffee can make my entire night better? That darn cup is so powerful. I think that might be a problem but not sure. Maybe we should write a essay on it...............OK lets not.





So when I got home I talked to Alec about school. This is how our conversation went

me-"hey Alec, I heard a silly thing today that you didn't want to go have fun with your friends"
him "I am not going to school, mom"
me-"why, hun"
him-"I am not going to school, mom"
me-"oh I forgot you don't like having fun, painting, playing outside, having snack"
him (with a smirk now)-"I am not going to school, mom"
me-"Are you scared to go to school"
him-"yes"
me"why?"
him-"I am not going to school".
me"OK I will go to school and play with your friends and have snack and paint and have the best time ever"
him-"your to big"

It pretty much went on like this for 10 min or so. I told him we could pick a special backpack and put a special toy in it. All I got was "I AM NOT GOING MOM".
I made a lot of progress with him.................OK maybe not.
Every time you look at him he says "NOT GOING".

I even tried doing the reverse roll and pretend I was him and every time he looked at me I said "not going". He thought that was pretty funny.
I am so over talking about it now. I told him I wasn't going to talk about it anymore (well at least to him). I don't want to put so much focus on it because then he knows he is getting "my attention".
This parenting stuff needs to come with a manual. Oh and they need to have a special manual for middle children. haha I just don't know what to do.

No comments: