Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My date

So it started with a bit of mom guilt, that led me to go on a date with my poor middle child. We were watching home videos over Christmas break. A lot of the videos were of Jaden (hey he was the only one for four years). I do have many videos of Alec and Sienna but not nearly as much as I had of Jaden. In the videos I was shocked about how patient I sounded and how many activities I did with Jaden. Hey, life was easy with one kid. I started feeling a guilty because things that I used to do with Jaden (baking, painting, movies, projects) are now a million times more complicated with three. I decided that I was going to take Alec on a date, just me and him. Our date went something like this
  • went to lunch (he didn't eat a thing besides the sunday at the end)
  • went to the mall to watch a movie but got there early so I let him ride up and down the escalator as many times as he wanted (he did it about 12 times. haha)
  • got candy, popcorn and a icee
  • got in the movies and he ate all of his goodies before the movie started (he was hungry from not eating lunch but it was date day so I didn't care)
  • He fell asleep just as the movie started and woke up when in ended

On our way home I said to him "Alec you fell asleep during the movie" and he said "no, I didn't. I loved that movie". hahahaha Now he keeps saying " I had a special day with mom and saw the best movie". hahahahhaahaha

Kids are to funny!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That's so cute!!! I need to go on a date with Joshua :) Seems like the little one gets all the attention in our house. And she's getting to be quite the spoiled stinker!