Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Football

Jaden started football on Monday and doesn't really like it to much yet. I knew he wouldn't........I am him mom, I know these things.
First of all I don't think my kid has ever done a push up a day in his life, or had to run for two hours. So when he came home the first day saying "that is not fun", I totally knew why.

Jaden is not a confrontational type of kid at all. He hits his brother but that's about it. He hates when he thinks people are mad at him and is just not the aggressive type. I am OK with that. But football is not a sport for kids like that.

Of course his dad wants him to play and even got suckered into being a coach. He would never even tell his dad he hates it. I am not going to force Jaden to play if he doesn't want to but I did say he had to give it a few more weeks. He begged to sign up after I told him I didn't think he would like it.

I guess they have to learn for themselves. Should I make him stick it out?

No comments: