Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ironies of motherhood

Last night the two little ones fell asleep after I picked them up from the football field after work. They stayed asleep for the rest of the night. I got a good workout in and cooked a yummy dinner and then sat down to read parenting magazine and I saw a article about the ironies of motherhood and #1 on the list was

1. that you could miss your little ones so much all day at work but be unbelievably relieved when they fall asleep an hour after you get home.

I like #5

5. That you look forward to girl's night out for weeks-then spent it debating if Hannah Montana is a good role model.

I don't know how many times I spend just about the entire night talking about the kids. Get me drunk and I tell strangers how cute my kids are!! (Don't laugh Katie and Jamie........Newport)

and #10 is a big one for me now

10. Tough as it was when your child clung to you at the entrance to pre K, it's worse when he hisses "don't kiss me!" as you drop him off for third grade (changed this to fit me)

No comments: