Monday, April 19, 2010

Night at the beach

I have been wanting to go to the beach for a while (inspired by a recent blogger, I have been following) and last night seemed like the perfect night to go. It was a nice day and I just felt the urge to just go. So we got to the beach around 5pm and had a perfect dinner on the wharf. The kids behaved and we all had a nice meal (rare when you have three little ones). We walked on the wharf to the overpriced candy shop and went to visit the sleeping sea otters. Sienna yelled at them to "Wake up" for about five minutes until she gave up and said "they are lazy". Then it was off to the beach where the kids found a huge hole some kids must have dug that day. They immediately got there shovels and started digging more.And because I am always the one behind the camera, I handed it off to Brannon for a while and got he got a great shot of me and the kiddos.
I love watching Sienna's face as the water comes toward her. She gets so excited but never lets the water hit her feet!





The boys ran off to play baseball and Sienna wanted to make a sand castle. She got so excited when the castle actually stood up (so did I)



Then it was off to run from the water again.........this time with mom.


The boys played baseball for a good hour.





Until I made them stop for a few pictures (which they claim they dont like to take pictures)

They found some adult friends (who I think drank a little to much but the kiddos had no idea)


Sienna just kept digging. She sure loves sand!
And Alec loves sand as well


Then we did a toast (also inspired by the same blogger) to happiness and family.

It was a perfect night!

3 comments:

Brandi M Walsh said...

So fun!! Where is that beach?

Sheree said...

Santa Cruz...the wharf

Anonymous said...

Looks like the perfect day !!! So cute you all are :) Great pictures !