Thursday, November 6, 2008

Advice Nurse

Last night was sure a fun night.............................NOT. The baby (Sienna I should say) woke up screaming with a ear ache. I new immediately she had a ear infection and I tried rocking her to sleep. She tossed and turned and fussed until finally I got up to call the advice nurse and give her some medicine (that in itself is a nightmare since she gags and spits and then eventually barfs). BLAH. So anyways I finally get the nurse on the phone and all I want is for her to prescribe some medicine for her (IT IS 4 AM). She goes on to tell me that most ear infections will go away in two day and that I should wait it out. Being the person that I am didn't take that very well. I stuck the phone to my screaming daughters mouth as she screamed her head off and then I got back on the phone and said "does that sound like I can wait it out two days?" She got the point and called in the medicine (of course it wouldn't be ready until 12 the next day). I had maybe three hours of sleep and got to talk to a not so smart nurse in the middle of my sleeping time. SHOOT ME!
My poor baby feels better today though!

1 comment:

~Karley~ said...

Awe poor baby. I hope you both get rest today!!