Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nightime reading

I read to Alec and Sienna at the same time and Jaden separately. Alec and Sienna are still at that age where the book takes 9 hours to read since they ask a million questions and Sienna must point out everything in the book. The stuff she doesn't recognize she says "what's that" and if she doesn't understand your answer you get another "whats that", until you can say it the way she understands.
After I am done reading, they each want to take a turn "reading" it back to me. They usually fight over who gets to go first even though we switch off each time. Last night the book was about a kid who got a bike for his birthday.

Alec's story when something like
One a time (he means once upon a time), the boy got a blue bike for his birthday from his grandma (flips page)
I want a blue bike (flips page),
I better ask my grandma (flips page)
E end! (he means the end). hahahahaha


Sienna's went something like:
Mom said (thats how she starts each page)-The boy had a birthday (flips page)
Mom said, he got a balloon (flips)
Mom said, cake and balloons and presents and a bike and balloons (she loves balloons and you can see)
Mom said,ride the bike
END

I actually enjoy listening to them "read" haha

No comments: