Thursday, October 2, 2008

Toddler beauty pageants!

Last night while I was flipping through the channels trying to wait for E news to come on (darn thing doesn't start until 11), I turned on TLC and it was a special on toddler beauty pageants. I was shocked about what I was seeing. Little girls getting their nails done, hair extensions,fake teeth when they started losing their teeth, a full face of makeup etc. I mean one mom was showing her 3 year old how to dance and she looked like she was stripping or something. I sat there and thought to myself why anyone would want to do this to their daughter. Then it showed where this was all taking place and guess what ................it was right here in the city I live in. I am embarrassed that this is going on here. I feel so sorry for the mothers that have to live through their daughters because they are lacking something in their life. I feel sorry for the little girls that are growing up way to fast. I want my little girl to stay little forever. I dread the day she asks to put on makeup or get her hair done etc. Why cant we keep our little girls little??? Its just so sad. What has this world come too?

Billy Dean- Let them be little

Please, let them be little,'
Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.

2 comments:

Brandi M Walsh said...

I watched that too Sheree. It's creepy.

Melanie said...

UGH! Allie is obsessed with lip gloss and I kid you not every time she asks I start worrying about the day she wants to wear make-up. I'm with you!